J. Newton Rayzor Hall
University of Tulsa

The stage for the University of Tulsa’s international reputation in the petroleum and geology fields was set in 1930 with the dedication of their first petroleum engineering building. To accommodate and advance their engineering programs, TU commissioned a four-month project of needs assessment, programming, cost estimating and site analysis, with the goal of identifying the physical needs of the Engineering Department. This assessment led to the renovation of Keplinger Hall and the construction of two new facilities – J. Newton Rayzor Hall and Stephenson Hall.

Newton Rayzor Hall is the state-of-the-art home of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and the Tandy School of Computer Science. The facility houses 24 integrated classrooms, faculty and graduate student offices, conference rooms student commons areas with a student organizations office, and multiple teaching and research laboratories for circuits, RF/wireless, robotics, reverse engineering, microprocessors/electronics, computational biology, enterprise security digital, and software design.

Photos: ©Sam Fentress Photography

Gallery

Back to top