First Christian Church of Owasso
In 1907, Oklahoma became the 46th state and First Christian Church of Owasso was founded. As First Church neared its centennial, the congregation had reached over 1,500 members. The size of the congregation and the outreach programs of the church had grown such that they had badly outgrown their current facilities.
Church leaders and their design team developed a plan for a new campus, located on 20 acres of pastoral land that the church had purchased. Wallace Engineering provided structural and civil engineering services for the first two phases of the campus development, which included a worship center, gathering areas, a children’s education building, a family life center and parking areas.
Photography: ©Simon Hurst Photography